Six-Pac Recycling’s fight to stop the purchase of stolen materials.
• ID and Fingerprint Requirements
Material theft continues to be a growing problem throughout the scrap metal industry. Six-Pac Recycling is fully committed to working with local authorities and affected parties to stop the acceptance of stolen material by all recyclers. Our policies are designed to fully comply with all current laws and regulations, and we continually train our employees so they can better recognize stolen or prohibited materials. One way Six-Pac Recycling is working to reduce the possibility of receiving material that was unlawfully obtained is to identify each seller. This process includes each of the following steps: Greeting each vehicle as it enters our facility and inquire as to the nature of the material they are delivering.
• Creating a record of each seller through a form of Government issued I.D as required by the California Business Professions Code 21600 & 21606
• Obtaining a Fingerprint for Regulated Materials** as required by the California Business Professions Code 21600 & 21606
• Recording the license number of the vehicle used to deliver the material (including trailer, if applicable).
• Obtaining the seller’s signature for each transaction.
Certain types of materials are considered prohibited just by their very nature. These items may be refused unless the purchase is made in conjunction with a contract or letter of authorization. Material that deserves special consideration may include the following:
• New production scrap or new materials that are a part of a manufacturing process and are being sold by an individual as opposed to a company.
• Items that are often times only used by government, utilities or specific industrial purposes. Examples would be guardrails, manhole covers, cables for high-voltage lines, historical markers or cemetery plaques.
• New materials as used in major construction or equipment and tools used by contractors.
• Materials that are normally not accessed by the general public, such as bleachers or street signs.
**Regulated materials: Copper, Aluminum, Brass, Stainless Steel, Lead, Breakage, Nonferrous Metals, High Temp Alloys. If your item is not listed, we may still require valid Goverment issued ID and/or a fingerprint.